The West Smyrna Swim and Tennis Club, Inc. is provided primarily for the pleasure of its members; the guest privileges are subject to change. The West Smyrna Swim and Tennis Club, Inc. is authorized to establish, interpret, and enforce pool rules and regulations. These rules may be amended or changed by the Board of Directors, as they deem appropriate.
1.The lifeguard has the authority to prohibit any activities in the pool or pool areas that he/she deems to be unsafe. All swimmers must cooperate and comply with the lifeguard’s instructions and requests.
2. Pool hours are 7 am-10 pm. (7am-9am are quiet hours and as such no music, loud activities, or use of the diving board is permitted.)
3. Beginning Saturday May 29th through Monday September 6th a lifeguard will be on duty from 1 pm to 6 pm Monday to Thursday, and 1 pm to 7 pm Friday to Sunday. Outside of those dates a lifeguard will only be on Duty Friday to Sunday.
4. All members and guests are asked to sign in when entering the pool area.
5. Family senior member must be present when lifeguard is not present. The senior member is defined as the head(s) of the household (parents).
6. When a lifeguard is not present, the pool is considered an “unattended swim at your own risk facility”. Use of the facility is at the sole risk of the individual using the facility. Parents/guardians/senior members are responsible for the safety and care of their minor children and assume all risk(s) in this regard.
7. Children under 12 are not permitted at any time unless accompanied by a senior member.
8. Children, 3 years and under, must have a parent or guardian within touching distance in the pool.
9. No glass or sharp objects are permitted in the pool area.
10. Children, 3 years and under or those that are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers. All other diapers prohibited. Violations of this rule may result in a fine of $150 and/or suspension of privileges.
11. Diving is permitted only in specified diving area. Only one person shall use or be on the diving board or in the area immediately in front of the diving board at any one time.
12. There shall be no running, boisterous conduct, no profanity or vulgarity, no loud music, no vandalism, and no destruction or damage of club property. Parents shall be responsible for the conduct of their children and guests.
13. When thunder is heard, lifeguard will clear the pool until 15 minutes have passed with no thunder being heard. Failure to follow the lifeguards’ instructions will be reported to the President of club.
14. Only at the lifeguard’s discretion will flotation devices of any description be allowed in the pool.
15. Only at the lifeguard’s discretion will throwing of objects (balls, Frisbees, etc.) be allowed in the pool.
16. The lifeguard shall issue a warning to an uncooperative person in the presence of an adult member, if possible. First offense after the warning—3 days out of the pool area; second offense—6 days: third offense—the person must appear before the board of directors prior to re-enter the pool. If the person is a child, the parents or parent must also meet with the board of directors. The lifeguard will contact the President concerning the offense and the President will then contact the offender.
17. No Styrofoam will be allowed in the pool as it clogs the filtering system. No food allowed in the pool.
18. NO SMOKING!
19. Senior members have priority over the use of lounge chairs.
20. Bikes shall not be left on the walkways, against the fence or in the pool area.
21. Only proper swimming attire will be permitted in the pool.
22. Shirts, dry suits, and footwear are required in the upper level of the clubhouse. Footwear is required on the upper-level deck.
23. No animals are permitted in the pool area.
24. All trash shall be placed in trash containers. If using the pool after lifeguard hours, take trash to dumpster and place new trash bag in container. Also straighten pool furniture and pick up pool toys.
25. Pool gate shall be locked at all times.
26. If you are the last to leave the pool area, please turn off restroom lights, turn off pool lights, close all umbrellas and close the doors to the restrooms.
27. No club property (furniture, kitchen items, etc.) are to be removed from the premises.
1. A lifeguard must be present during all private swimming parties.
2. Swim parties larger than 10 people must have an additional approved lifeguard for the party. For every additional 20 people, another guard will be required. Contact the board member that schedules parties to book the party and arrange scheduling of lifeguards.
a. Pool parties with 10 or less people – on duty guard okay
b. Pool parties with 11 – 29 people – one dedicated event lifeguard required.
c. Pool parties with 30 – 49 people – two dedicated event lifeguards required.
d. Pool parties with 50 – 69 people – three dedicated event lifeguards required.
e. The hours allowed for swim parties will be anytime Monday thru Friday, Saturday and Sunday hours are 9 am to 12:30 pm and 5 pm to 9 pm. Guests are not allowed to stay at pool past the party hours. No pool parties permitted on a holiday.
3. All drinks must be in non-breakable containers.
Pool Guest Privileges
1. All guests must be registered by signing in at the pool entrance.
2. All guests must be accompanied by a member while using club facilities.
3. Each Household membership is allowed up to four (4) guests or one family unit per visit. The guest may visit once a week
a. Houseguests are not restricted (person remaining overnight).
b. If a member wishes to bring more than the allowed number of guests to the pool, this constitutes a Swim Party, and the Swim Party rules must be followed.
4. Fees: Neighborhood guests—$2.00(at the fee box); Houseguests—Free
5. An unmarried senior member of WSSTC may bring an adult guest (date) without limitation as to the number of visits and without a guest fee.
6.All members are responsible for their guests.
7. A sitter pass may be purchased for $15.00 per month. The sitter pass is good for one individual only. Contact the club treasurer to purchase.
Rules for Swim Lessons
1. Private individual swim lessons are to be given to
members only. **No non-members are allowed.
2. Senior members must be in attendance at all times during the lessons. Drop off and pick up are not allowed under any circumstances.
3. Lessons are to be given only between the hours of 9 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday thru Friday and
6 PM to 8 PM Monday thru Thursday. This is to ensure that lessons will not interfere with the regular swim time for members.
4. Swim instructors shall provide proof of insurance, which shall be maintained on file with the club, prior to starting lessons.